The European Federation for Medical Informatics Association (EFMI) is the leading organisation in medical informatics in Europe, founded in 1976, and representing 30 countries through their respective national health informatics associations. EFMI is organised as a not-for-profit organisation concerned with the theory and practice of Information Science and Technology within Healthcare and Health Sciences in a European context.
The objectives are:
- To advance international co-operation and dissemination of information in biomedical and health informatics on a European basis
- To promote high standards in the application of biomedical and health informatics
- To promote research and development in biomedical and health informatics
- To encourage high standards in education in biomedical and health informatics
- To function as the autonomous European Regional Council of IMIA